Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

The Family Secret Q...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Family Secret Quest

Page 3 / 3

Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble

@calen my condolences. I hope our corner of the internet can be a refuge for a little solace as you find it.

ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

@calen so sorry to hear this. I hope you are holding up OK.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@founder)
Overlord Admin

So sorry to hear of your loss @calen, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

“Don't adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

ReplyQuote
Calen
(@calen)
Citizen Citizen

Thank you, every one of you.   Love you all.

"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss.

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Patron Saint of Hawtbois, Catboys, & BAMF Babes Noble
Journey starter  

@calen @duilliath  -- Hey you two, hope you both are well. 🙂  I'm just touching base to let you know that I'll be working on a Chatte post, let's give it a timeframe of hmm...1-2 days? (Lol, add at least another day or two to that count bc I'm a dirty liar who manages a paragraph every two hours on a good day. 😉 J/K, I'm not that bad...I hope.)

Either way, I toyed with the idea of like, making a flowchart or sketch to block out the flow of the race/chase scene, but then I thought,

> "Hey, Lass...WTF, why are you researching how to block out a chase scene? It's collaborative writing...so write."

-- 'Whaa? Are you implying I'm procrastinating? Tsk! I feel judged.'

> "You know how crazy we sound right now, right? Just...stop.  Write or go to sleep or something."

-- Judgy McJudgerton...'

> *sigh*

Haha, oh man.  Sorry, I'm not crazy, I swear. Okay, just wanted to let you know a post is coming.  I might still make a race progression outline for myself, but I'll put my idea about what I'm talking about under a spoiler tag if you're curious.

Spoiler
Overthinking Things (Cat Race)

I guess what I'm trying to see if creating an outline will help to build and maintain tension, as well as have "action set pieces" to keep things interesting, lol.  Since it is essentially a "steeplechase" and there's always obstacles in those.  Anyway, I guess it'd be a like what they do in movie scripts to block out the direction of a scene.  I don't know how to do that, so below is my janky version of what I'm trying to convey here, heh. 

NEED FOR STEED: 2nd Leg, Pt.1

[Where] Fishing Wharves 

[Layout] A series of 3 Crib Wharves connected by Cob Wharves  (basically a series of evenly spaced Crib Wharfs = square "dock" w/ 1 Fish Shed, drying racks, etc.on each Crib. Connected to each other by short/med length long Cob Wharfs = typical narrow, rectangular docks. Cob Wharfs have areas for Fishing Vessels to dock alongside and unload the day's catch)

[What] Fish Sheds (wooden, open air), Fishing vessels, Fishing Paraphanelia, Fish flakes (long rectangular drying racks, on Crib Wharfs), Salt barrels, etc.

[Who]  C=Chatte; S=Scout; En/a=Environment/action; NPC/a 

[Entry/Exit] Point A -to- Point B  (Point A: from Streets of Seven Oaks; Point B: exit Wharfs to Unloading Docks/Staging Area)

[Progression] Pa=Point A; CrW1/2/3=Crib Wharf #1/#2/#3/etc.; CoW1/2/3=Cob Wharf #1/#2/#3/etc.; Pb=Point B

Pa1.) C & S enter at Point A - Enter onto Crib Wharf #1

Pa1a.) C & S are paced evenly when enters Fishing Wharves

on CrW1:

En: Wooden Fish Shed to LEFT, x6 Fish Flakes (staggered horizontally in relation to racers) in CENTER, Barrels line the WATER EDGE to RIGHT, Exits onto CoW1 after Fish Flakes

2.) S cuts across C --> S angles towards FISH SHED (why: clear path alongside FISH FLAKES to ride to CoW1)

2a.) C rolls out of way of S --> C ends up directly by FISH FLAKES & closer to WATER EDGE

EnA: startled worker inside FISH SHED knocks over x2 barrels onto it's side into path of (S) SCOUT

3.) S curses & quickly jumps pony over fallen barrels (x2) --> S slight speed reduction b/c of jump

3a.) decides which route: across FISH FLAKES or AONGSIDE on BARRELS --> chooses FISH FLAKES

3b.) runs on top of FISH FLAKES zigzagging b/t staggered racks to avoid stepping on drying fish --> fish drying on raised, horizontal bars at beg & end of each rack

3c.) jumps onto horizontal bar, crouches, and uses it to push off and vault towards to CoW1 --> C lands a bit ahead of S

4.) exits onto CoW1 with bearing down on him. Narrow, can't have 2 abreast

4a) jumps onto evenly spaces dock spires/poles and runs on top --> pulls ahead --> S & C exits to CrW2

And so on and so forth, lol. Let me know if something like that would help or not.  If not, I won't bother, heh. Past what I make for myself to keep things straight in my head. 😉

TOM-CAT: [KIANA BEACH:First Stab - POUNCE (★1/2) - WATCHER BATTLE (3/★4/5/6/★7)] [GOBLIN SLAYING: (1)-(☆1/2)] – [ICE CAVES: CLIFFHANGER (★1/2) - POWDER KEG (★1/2/3) - HYPOTHERMIA (4/5/6) - BONDED (7/8/9/)] [SUNSTEALER:(1/2/3/4)-(1/2)] –Miiya & Cat-Tom [SPARRING: (1/2/★3)] - ☆The Great Tipsu Hunt! - ☆Stolen Kiss Overwhelmed by Intimacy Returning to Her Bath Time Bonding Wings, Tails, & Love Cave Storms Climbing the Walls [1st KISS: Chase-(★2/3/4)] Cat-Tom: Rescue Kitty! Cat-Tom vs. Skaven (Forced) Shift Back 9 Lives A Beast in the Darkness Reuniting w/Teleskela Bored Nihilism Cat vs. Dragon Emotionally Exhausted Bath Catboy, Interrupted All For Her Bellissimo Gato [BATH-HOUSE: Confessions(1/2/3/4)] Catboys Can Purr Bagels, Love Poems & Catnapping Love Poem [FIGHT PIT: CHAMPION SUITE (★1.No, no, no.../2a-2b/3.Prostitution/★4.Tipsu/5/6a-6b/★7a-7b.Holden's/Proposition) - GRAND ARENA (Leona/F#1/★F#4/★Cat-Tom vs.Werewolf: 1/2/3) - LOST (1/★2) - FOUND (3/4a-4b/5/★6.Swansong Kiss) - RESCUE (★1.Teleskela, MF'er/2/3.Reawakened Bond) - ESCAPE (4/5/6/7)]
───────────
DAETH: Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - Teasing Amarice - [DAYTRIP: LAVISH HAND (1/2/3a-3b/4.Sensing Death] - Kissing Fate(1a-1b) - Precariously Balanced Nature - At Long Last, Eddellyn - Soul Searching - Into the Maze - ★The Minotaur & The Labyrinth - Heart of the Maze - Before the Storm - Thunder & Honey - ★Ripped Gowns - ★Sensual Poetry - Warding Sigils - Hedonistic Filth & House-Sized Party Crasher - Confronting Maarazaar(1/2/3) - Ash Bunny Irihi - Cormeum MIA (stolen heart) - A Vow & Shadowy Msg
───────────
RISQUÉ: Fun with Fisticuffs!
[CHATTE]Enter Chatte - Chat w/Castor -Proposing the Race
[ASMODIEL & GALVINA] ★A Celestial & Demoness Play Cards - Asmodiel Smites a Feeder - An Angel & Aeros Walk Into a Bar... - Undaunted Spirit - Benediction
──────────────────
[☆ = favorite / ★= extra fave]

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

@lassroyale I think I am hearing some crazy piano music as the chase plays out.  

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

Things seem a bit quiet for now in Seven Oaks - when Calen returns, I propose we pick up the Tale at that time.  

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: