Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

The Family Secret Q...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Family Secret Quest

Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Patron Saint of Hawtbois, Catboys, & BAMF Babes Noble
Journey starter  

@calen

Just started this as a temporary thread for people to communicate with you and vice versa, for things regarding the questions about the general "Family Secret Quest", Calen, or Arcos.

If/When you decide t o create an official quest page for Calen's adventure, I'll gladly delete this one.

In the meantime, I took a guess at the quest name, heh.

TOM-CAT (Must Read): Teleskela - Kiana Beach Battle (3/3) - ★★Try Again - ★★Powder Keg - Soft, soft - Imprint - ★★Stupid Little Tom-Cat
DAETH (top 3): Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - ★★Sensing Death
RISQUÉ (most recent): ★★Fun with Fisticuffs!
──────────────────
[ ☆ = favorite / ★★= extra fave]

Calen liked
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

@calen

Wanted to touch base with you since you're driving the story and toe-stepping is my least favorite dance move.  Ha.

Your last post is great and jeez Arcos is so decent I almost want him to go intern with Risqué and learn some things.  Like looting. 😉 JK

As neither I nor @duilliath is privy to what goes on in your head, I can only imagine that you have some sort of plan for the shake up of your last post.  Unless Calen was speedrunning a micro quest or something,  lmao.  Anyhow, I wanted to let you know that if Arcos & Calen aren't too squeamish about pulling a hustle that's about as evil as baby aspirin, Chatte does have a way to potentially negotiate all 4 into the caravan (Calen, Arcos,  Castor, Chatte), as well as put some coin in all their pockets. 

😎 I'll leave it there.  It's totally fine if you've got something already planned out and whatnot,  I'm fine with floating along.  I just wanted to put it out there. 

, 1 1BTW, the hustle is Chatte's least morally objectionable plan/idea. 

• Spoiler
    Really Chatte?
    • One of his other ones was to lame or otherwise incapacitate the various people who'd already been hired on so they had to drop out, which magically would reopen certain positions. 
    • His other was similar, except instead of causing injury, he wanted to plant drugs and frame people. 

Lol. 

This post was modified 6 days ago by Lassroyale

TOM-CAT (Must Read): Teleskela - Kiana Beach Battle (3/3) - ★★Try Again - ★★Powder Keg - Soft, soft - Imprint - ★★Stupid Little Tom-Cat
──────────────────

Calen and Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Calen
(@calen)
Citizen Citizen

@lassroyale TY Lass, for the OOC questions/comments page for The Family Secret journey.  I appreciate that you made it, as it really had not yet occurred to me.    😜 

And indeed, I do have a fairly simple plan to get Calen and Arcos in the Caravan, and hope to post it by late tonight.   I like your ideas though, and I'm pretty sure the nicey-nice bro/sister act will "toughen up" as the journey goes along.   (I know it's pretty tame stuff right now. I'm big on background and setting the scene, so to speak.  But the journey to Daelows should provide us all with some "action" outlets.)   Thank you and Duilliuth for joining up to add your own special flavors and style. 

"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss.

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

@calen 

No problem! I will await your post and won't have Chatte try to talk the siblings into his hustle. 😼

That being said...Castor & Chatte do have to figure their way into this full caravan crew, eh? Sooo...while Calen and Arcos might not be directly involved, catboy and gentle giant will be approaching Oneshot with a proposition for a bet (of sorts) , the odds of which I surely hope will seem too outrageous for anybody to think Chatte had any chance in hell of actually following through on/ winning.   Meaning I hope Oneshot will agree to it while laughing in the pairs faces.  😆  

I know I would.  Plus, it would be a good show for his newly hired crew...

I'm gone most of the day.  If you're burning at the stake of curiosity or absolutely need to know what Chatte has planned, I give @duilliath permission to convey the idea in broad strokes. 

Just giving you a head's up for Chatte/Castor - I/we will not interfere with your laid plans for Calen & Arcos to join the crew. 

──────────────────

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

@calen - Just wanted to say, please do not take Chatte's snarkiness personally.  He's just a little jaded and callous (growing up in Haven amongst other things) but he's not really cruel.   And he calls them the Saint Siblings because the Cat Family loves a good nickname for someone. 😉

Also, please do try to hand feed Chatte some crackers and, since she thinks he's a pet cat, he will gladly curl up on Calen's lap and be pet. 😉 I just figure he'd lean into it, go, "meow, meow", scent mark her, and demand to be petted.  It's either that or he tries to bite Calen's fingers, either "accidentally", jokingly, or hard enough to realize that his eye teeth are a bit sharp.  

LOL, sure, Chatte's a cat.  Btw, that green stuff in his pack is just catnip - I swear.  Think nothing of it. 

──────────────────

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Calen
(@calen)
Citizen Citizen

I promise I never take anyone's writing personally.   I know we all get caught up in our characters, but that is what makes everyone such good writers!  😋   And I do intend to interact more with Chatte;  was just trying to get the siblings back into the caravan first.  (and Castor's knuckles tended to.)  

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

@calen - LOL, I'm sorry, I had to. I couldn't stop laughing at the idea of Chatte just being like, "Yeah, I'll rrrace a horrrse, so what?" and being so damn confident and casual about it that you can't help but admire him.  He's turning out to be one smooth bastard. 

Oh I so hope you'll let him race a horse on foot. Or you can have Oneshot laugh him out of the room and I dunno, he'll go eat the Scout's horse instead. (Jk, he wouldn't do that...if you feed him tasty treats and give him pets.)

Hur. BTW, feel free to redirect that his ridiculous ask into a more normal avenue, though I do hope Oneshot appreciates the size of the stones on him. 

This post was modified 2 days ago by Lassroyale

──────────────────

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

The Patrons might riot if they don’t get their race.  

The hype men are afoot…

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

ReplyQuote
Calen
(@calen)
Citizen Citizen

@duilliath 

Indeed they might!  I'll try to post by tonight so as not to delay the "great race" any longer than necessary.  😋 

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

@calen - I'm working on a couple Chatte posts (one at the Inn & arriving in the streets) but I surely hope that Calen (and Arcos) will have a front row seat to the spectacle.  Might I suggest the prime "spectacle viewing" location somewhere along the final straightaway. (Race will be through the Streets of Seven Oaks) That should be a very exciting place to view Chatte and horse on the final leg, which is a straight all out run that's all about speed and nothing else. 

This post was modified 19 hours ago by Lassroyale

──────────────────

ReplyQuote
Calen
(@calen)
Citizen Citizen

@lassroyale  

The siblings will be there in breathless anticipation.   🤗   I'm sure it will be quite the spectacle.  Will post for them this evening.   (Trying to observe the "five hour rule" between my story postings.)

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

@calen - I'll flex my "Noble" privilege here and say that you don't need to observe the five hour rule.  That's a relic of the old boards and really only applies to a RP board with more players than we have here, to try to mitigate people either moving through the world too fast without waiting for other players to interact, or for a story with many players, to ensure that everyone has time to post reactions/interactions etc.

So please consider this permission to post as the pace and story calls for, even if that means more than once in a 5 hour period. 🙂

──────────────────

Duilliath and Irihi liked
ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

Please feel free to use any of the areas in Seven Oaks as part of the racecourse.  The Keepe and the Tower of the Watch might not be great places to cause a commotion, but the Warehouse district, Docks and the streets and businesses are fair game!

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

@duilliath - Thanks! That's purrrfect! 

@calen - What do you think? A lap starting in the Streets --> Seven Oaks Harbor --> Warehouse District --> Back to the Streets for the final straightaway

Let me know how you would like to approach the mechanics of the race.  I'm fine with having Chatte running through Seven Oaks while writing the Scout cantering through the streets alongside/ ahead/behind. I'm also fine with just writing Chatte with him only occasionally marking the position of horse & rider, with you full on posting for the Scout's actions. 

Maybe duilliath will throw something in our racer's paths, or perhaps a mysterious fruit cart will be illegally parked in the middle of the lane around a blind corner...

😉

I'm excited so see what speedyboi can do...probably parkour.  Lmao, Chatte is like an exotic, high performance car with cat ears & a tail. Built for speed,  vvrrroom mrreow!

This post was modified 9 hours ago by Lassroyale

──────────────────

ReplyQuote
Calen
(@calen)
Citizen Citizen

I'm good with whatever your vision may be.   I'll go with the flow and react to whatever you have in mind.  Lead on with the Great Race!  😋 

ReplyQuote
Share: