Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Help Less

Page 18 / 28

Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

@irihi just seem your last post. Was planning to have Pioloss catch Faan alone at some point to apologise but sounds like that may not be an option! I'm happy to have him suck up his social anxieties and do it in front of others, though just thought I'd drop a message to say I'm game if you did want to resort to a bit of mindscrapping. Could be rather fun! Though as you can imagine his dreams aren't pretty atm so where we would go after that would be anyone's guess?!

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

@pioloss no dreamwalking tonight.

If you want Pioloss and Faan in a semi-private setting, you can assume she'd join him at a table back inside, or on the other side of the fire pit or whatever. So feel free to call her over (as she's walking back to her room or something) and post that she joined Pioloss.

When I do those sorts of posts, I usually phrase it "if the Elfmaid complied and joined him at the table, he would say..." To give the other player freedom to demure.

She would not let him back into her room, and she'd hang out in the common room being annoyed, until he left her room, if she found him there. So play it how u wish.

ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

@irihi, and I can't blame her one bit! So far as dreamwalking goes: No problem, just thought I'd put it out there as an option!

Thanks for the tip on leaving other characters room to accept/decline though. I may not get time to post properly tonight but will definitely come in handy as a technique in the future

ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

So... I've had an idea knocking around in my head for a while now which I just had to get out and have just put up the first post of it. But given that we are all now just about to head off into the Underneath I just wanted to post a quick disclaimer to say that my first priority will still be to writing for Pioloss and the  Helpless quest.

I realise that i am not the driving force, and Pioloss is kind of an ancillary character but it would be pretty rude all the same to duck out now! So I have no intention of leaving anyone hanging, I have just had some time to write recently at points where there was nothing to do for Pioloss! 

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

@pioloss if you feel like you have time, I certainly don't have any objections if you want to write another character. I think there are some guidelines from the old WA site for when you could petition for another character, but they are based on managing a worlde of dozens to hundreds of players. Just don't overburden yourself or flit from storyline to storyline.

@founder may be of a different opinion than I, and they are the final authority.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@founder)
Overlord Admin

Generally speaking, multiple player accounts are not allowed at this time, however additional characters may be done following these guidelines;  https://mysteryandmagic.com/warc/community/quick-start-guides/starting-out-first-things-first/#post-292

“Don't adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

@irihi @founder Aahhh I see! My apologies, I noticed before that many users have been writing multiple characters, but didn't stop to think that they were NPC's! Thank you both for the responses and I will delete post in a mo.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@founder)
Overlord Admin

@pioloss many characters aren't necessarily NPC's, that is just the current method for running a second character.  The Quick Start Guide hasn't been adjusted to account for that yet.  Apologies for the confusion.

“Don't adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

@pioloss, @rigel, @lassroyale, I probably will be unable to post until Monday. Lass knows the direction I wish to take the goblin camp party, so there may be some "no one" posts if she has time.

If anyone is injured, yew may assume Faan will offer her healing wraps/bandages. They'll hold yer guts in for a little while at least. 

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Patron Saint of Hawtbois, Catboys, & BAMF Babes Noble

@wynterleaf - Hey lady! Just giving you a head's up that Travion is waiting at the Stables for you. Daeth is kicking around, as well as some random Nobles, so the party is officially underway. I guess I need to have Coel make an appearance, as well.  No rush, just letting you know. 🙂

TOM-CAT: Kiana Beach Battle (3/3) - ☆Try Again - ★Powder Keg - Soft,soft - ★Stupid Little Tom-Cat - ★Miiya & Cat-Tom - ★Sparring - ☆The Great Tipsu Hunt! - Stolen Kiss - ☆Not Cheshire - Returning to Her - ★Baths & Comfort - ☆Wings, Tails, & Love - ☆Cave Storms - Climbing the Walls - ★Their 1st Kiss - ★Makeouts & Memories -Laughter & Kisses
───────────
DAETH: Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - Sensing Death - ★Kissing Fate 2/2 - Precariously Balanced Nature - At Long Last, Eddellyn - Precipice - Entering the Hedge Maze - ★The Minotaur & The Labyrinth - Into the Aegis
───────────
RISQUÉ: Fun with Fisticuffs!
[Chatte] Chat w/Castor - Proposing the Race
──────────────────
[ ☆ = favorite / ★= extra fave]

ReplyQuote
Wynterleaf
(@wynterleaf)
Citizen Citizen

@lassroyale hello Lady Lass... be careful what you wish for! Mega sized response for Travion, where I break all the posting limit rules, etc. 

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)

@wynterleaf - Woo! Feels weird to finally be posting at the Masquerade Ball after mentioning it like, months ago. Well, Daeth & Edde/Wyn did spend how many months on the Nanaeire the River of Woe? Just kinda hanging out, often occasionally chasing after their might-as-well-be kid when their internal character RNG decided it was time for a random freakout, and getting attacked by random demons over and over.  LOL.  Wait, I mean they spent all that time building a slow burn romance or something.  Yeah, that's the reason. *cough* Edde can't resist a shirtless muddy hawtboi with really great hair, eh? 

Kidding.  (sorta)

@irihi - Woot! Welcome back! Tom-Cat post will be next up, after I post for his speedy hawtboi brother. 😉  

TOM-CAT: Kiana Beach Battle (3/3) - ☆Try Again - ★Powder Keg - Soft,soft - ★Stupid Little Tom-Cat - ★Miiya & Cat-Tom - ★Sparring - ☆The Great Tipsu Hunt! - Stolen Kiss - ☆Not Cheshire - Returning to Her - ★Baths & Comfort - ☆Wings, Tails, & Love - ☆Cave Storms - Climbing the Walls - ★Their 1st Kiss - ★Makeouts & Memories -Laughter & Kisses
───────────
DAETH: Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - Sensing Death - ★Kissing Fate 2/2 - Precariously Balanced Nature - At Long Last, Eddellyn - Precipice - Entering the Hedge Maze - ★The Minotaur & The Labyrinth - Into the Aegis
───────────
──────────────────

Wynterleaf and Irihi liked
ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

@rigel, @pioloss

I want to try something different in the next cavern. Since Pioloss is the only one who can see in the dark, I'll put in "spoilers" for him to read. @Rigel, your choice if you want to poke behind the scenes right away. I'm going to describe just the sounds and sensations of pitch blackness for everyone else, and there's not going to be much to that.

@pioloss this is your chance to guide them to safety (or their dooms) and you'll have to decide how much or how little to tell the others about what is happening around them. Are you game? It sounds really fun in my head, but we'll see how it works out I.C.

It's going to be something of a horror scene, so you both have pre-permission to hold on to Faan, drag her out of the way, stifle her scream or something like that. Again, and I'm sorry I didn't practice what I preach, but the best way is to have your char attempt to influence another and let them decide if it "hits."

Faan should have "grabbed for Rigel's arm. If she managed to catch it she would pull him toward the chasm." Instead of assuming she would be able to grab him. Apologies for that.

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)

@irihi - Ooh, this sounds really interesting and an unique way to use the spoiler tags! I think it could really feed into the horror atmosphere.  Let me & Dui know behind the scenes if you want any assistance crafting anything. Not saying that you do - I 100% believe you've got this - just putting it out there. Can't wait to see how this experiment plays out.

RE: Character Actions/Interactions - I understand where you're coming from and I know I've probably "taken liberties" or possible placed a toe over the line with my characters interacting with another character that presumes the interaction.  (Not counting the stuff that is pre-planned, like with Tom-Cat first pouncing Miiya on the beach, etc.)  However, I also think that depending on the relationship between characters or how much trust is between the two writers, that naturally some level of presumption is to be assumed.  I'll use Tom-Cat and Miiya for a current example and Daeth & Eddellyn for a past example.  

I simply don't even blink if Miiya takes an action that "presumes" the outcome with TC - ie: throwing her arms around Cat-Tom's neck, grabbing him, pulling him along somewhere, hugging him, etc.  Of course, I'm pretty open with my characters, and have probably mentioned before that Mii is allowed to do whatever when it comes to TC (except for maiming or death, lol).  I know I've been a little heavy-handed in some interactions with Miiya - thinking off the top of my head, walking her back against the wall in the Ice Caves & tipping back her nosebleed face (lol).  However, I also understand that the circumstances around those two characters may be a little difference than others.

With Daeth & Eddellyn, pretty much the same.  I think time and in-character relationship development sort of engenders that level of comfort where you might get a feel for what's okay to presume without overstepping.

That said, I would probably say if you don't know, err on the side of caution.  I've been trying to be more mindful of that recently, though usually for posts/interactions that haven't been explicitly pre-planned with a level of permission already discussed. I think we're all competent enough writers and are in communication often enough that if anyone feels unsure about something, that they should feel comfortable enough to ask beforehand.  Or, barring that, being more mindful in the future.  🙂

───────────
───────────
──────────────────

Wynterleaf and Irihi liked
ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

@irihi. Ooo nice, yeah this sounds fun! I was just thinking after reading the last posts that it might be Pioloss’s time to "shine". 

I'll get something up later in reply to leaving current area and then eagerly await spoilers! 

Again: nice idea though! Sounds like a really interesting approach. 

Irihi liked
ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 28
Share: