Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

🌟 Help Less

Page 1 / 37

Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

Help Less

Alright! Let's do this! "Official" quest time!

The Wizard Lolindir M'lithan

Once again, the worlde is under threat by a great evil, and yer help is required to maintain the balance between darkness and light. Savvy adventurers who cast their lot on the side of order and peace will find themselves handsomely rewarded

It has scarce been a year since the battle to control the Weapon of the Mad King devastated Kiana. Though the sacrifice of those brave Haflings was great, the forces of good triumphed, and the monstrous power was locked safely away in an undisclosed location in Liathildor (Greyhaven). Yet, the forces of darkness are unrelenting in their campaign to bring chaos to our peaceful lands. Even now, a great war golem, built by a reviled White Drow witch, marches to claim The Weapon as its own. It is joined by a headstrong and selfish Aeros and who knows how many other ne'er-do-well

Brave and true heros, I, the Wizard Lolindir M'lithan, charge yew with repelling these agents of evil before they reach the gates of Greyhaven. Find them and end their evil quest through any means. If yew are up to the task, we can discuss what reward, beyond the priceless favor of Liathildor, you require.

Any adventurers who join the forces of light are classified as independent contractors. Liathildor makes no promise of future employment or extension of any benefits including, but not limited to, healthcare, Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance, next-of-kin notification, or liability for any and all collateral damages caused by said independent agents, or agents of the kingdom of Liathildor in the execution of their nominal duties

The TonDen

The TonDen pulses with a faint blue luminance.

Miiya Aether

Miiya looks to the TonDen, then back again. "Oh... um. Me? Am I supposed to talk?" A wry grin crosses her face. "He doesn't speak much." The grin becomes a smile. "So... I don't know about yew, but when some dude in a pointy hat and bathrobe starts talking about balancing good and evil, I'm like: 'what balance?'" She holds her hands palms-out. "I mean, there's good and there's evil, right? Just be good."

She pauses and pulls her most Oliver-Twist of faces. "That's what I'm trying to do. My brother is... unwell... and the Jade Oracle told me to find The Monster at Storm's End. I'm pretty sure that's Blue Man Group here..." She jerks a thumb at the TonDen. "...and it, after a REALLY long time, said that it thinks Irihi Spokelse can help.

Miiya takes a breath. "I don't know what all this Atrocity stuff is about. Irihi was pretty nice when me an Cah met her. She helped us before... and how much can a person really change in a year?" Miiya shrugs. "Anyway, I'm just going to ask her a question, I don't know why that's got Pointy Hat all bothered, but I'm not going to let him and his fancy words stop me from saving Cah." Miiya gives her most wide-eyed and soulful gaze. "And I could really use some company." Her jaw tightens in a small grimace. "We can't, you know, pay you or anything, but we're, like, really fun to hang with." She smiles again and whispers conspiratorially, "and I heard a rumor that he changes color when he drinks." She nods toward The TonDen.

OOC

Help Less is the next chapter in the Atrocity and Homecoming series of quests revolving around the necromancer Irihi Spokelse and the forces seeking to control her. The quest is presently open to characters of all types. 

For the most part, if you wish to join, expect a fast-paced posting environment with posting frequency from twice a week to twice a day. I am looking for talented and flexible writers who are comfortable with a "yes and" approach to collaborative writing.

This adventure is rated M for mature. If you fibbed about your age to get in, please don't join, because I don't want to hear complaints from caretakers or guardians about nominal exposure to topics like violence, witchcraft, sexuality, death, mass murder, betrayal, domestic abuse, seduction, etc.

At the same time, this is not the place for writing explicit gory or sexual scenes. I don't want to read lurid material and it will get you banned. We will not avoid heavy topics, but will write with more intimation and a "fade to black" approach when it's called for--use your judgement. 

It won't be all bloody guts and gritty fantasy. I don't enjoy that sort of slog through the mud, so hopefully we can all find the time to have a bit of fun while the worlde dissolves into madness. You are free to write whatever style you please. Keep an open mind and a sense of humor and we'll have a great time.

It should be obvious, but there is no clear delineation between the forces of good and evil in this quest and expect "right" and "wrong" to be matters of perception, which can shift at any time

Suggested Entry:

On the side of Greyhaven: You may enter anywhere in the world. You can already be under contract from the wizard, or he can appear (Greymaster will liberally astral project or sometimes physically teleport throughout this adventure) to negotiate an offer. Right now the center of action is near Kiana, so that is probably the best place to start without having to do a lot of solo travelling.

Any characters on the side of Greyhaven are being paid to stop those trying to reach Irihi. You might consider plans such as attacking them directly, negotiating with them, or--my personal favorite--befriending and later betraying the

On the side of Irihi's liberators: Kiana is probably the best place to start, or yew can appear at Naith Tuliin (linked once I rebuild it) and approach The Keep immediately, if yew wish. Feel free to make up a reason you seek an audience with Oz The Great And Powerful, or just fall in with the crew for shiggles, it's up to you.

This thread will be used for updates, summaries, and to hammer out what happens next in the story when we approach an  important or complicated plot nexus that requires preplanning. Feel free to post questions, comments, or just to chat OOC at any.

Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

Present Cast of Characters:

I'll try to update this post with reasonably timely edits. Consider this a "sticky" reference list. 

Allies of Greyhaven:

PC:

Irihi Spokelse - A sociopathic sorceress of immense power. [*At the center of it all; is she a monster or weapon? Or is the worlde who betrayed her over and over, finally reaping what it sowed?]

NPC:

Lolindir M'lithan (AKA Greymaster) - A Wizard of the Order of Light and nominal leader of Liathildor (Greyhaven).

Yin’xir Xus’sten Yochlol (AKA Myrae) - A drow spy and mage.   [*may have current association with RIGEL]

Wuu'Faan Liewuun - A beautiful Elfmaid, seamstress & fashion designer. Ultimately heading to Liathlidor for to deliver a special gament to GreyMaster. 

Enemies of Greyhaven:

PC:

Miiya Aether - A young Aeros Bard

Eddellyn Wynterleaf - A one-handed Elf with a deep hatred of Wizards.  [*possible former association with Daeth; type of relationship unknown.]

Rigel - A large mountain of an uman man and Monk of the Order of Faran. Appears to be struggling with their faith & finding place in worlde...

NPC:

The TonDen - A self-aware golem created by necromancy.

Unaligned:

PC:

Tom-Cat - An exotic half-cat, half-Uman (and all-beautiful) assassin who appeared suddenly, possibly under contract, but now appears to stay for other reasons...

Daeth - A gorgeous demigod hunted by daemons. [*possible former association with Eddellyn (aka-Wynterleaf); type of relationship unknown.]

Pioloss - A pale, rangy "Uman" with more-than Uman abilities and apparent secrets

Vjerdt of Vizhinm - A youthful (for a Gnome) Ice Gnome. [currently inactive]

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

This is the Reference Post for the Quest's Current Status

Managed by a Noble: YES

Accepting new Players: YES

The Story So Far (as of: 11/6/21

Quick reference of what's going on with characters in the quest.  Please use this as a reference guide if you're trying to decide where you might join the quest.  Will try to update every 1-2 weeks depending on posting frequency.  And of course, please don't hesitate to ask a question onthis thread! Someone will reply as soon as possible.

*MAJOR STORY UPDATES*

(formerly) KIANA 

(currently) The Shifting Caverns of the Underneath

Myrae, Miiya, TonDen, Tom-Cat, Vjerdt (on hiatus)

(Overall Summary)  A great skirmish occured at The Kiana Harbor and more specifically, on a stretch of beach near The Sunken Wreck of Sulust Or'lathMyrae and the TonDen dived the wreck, seeking treasure amongst other things, and left Vjerdt and Miiya as lookouts on the beach. A Halfling fisherman named Balthar "stumbled" upon the pair...and Miiya attempted to negotiate with him. It was at this moment that mysterious and exotic stranger, appeared under questionable circumstances; the intense interaction that followed between himself and the Aeros, didn't do much to clear things up.  After an apparent double-cross didn't go as planned, the group found themselves facing down the Kiana Home Guard and the terrifying magic and metal golem called, The Watcher.  And it was there on that lonely stretch of beach, that a blood was spilled by The Watcher's massive, starmetal blade...and those caught by in the sight of its merciless, glowing green eye suffered terrible, inconceivable losses.  Somehow, though, the group escaped through a Portal to the Underneath.  Now they seek to regroup, recover, and come to terms with the great toll that the skirmish on the beach has extracted from each of them.

Nobody came out of the beach skirmish unscathed, though some paid a greater price than others - a far greater price.  

LIATHILDOR (Grayhaven)

Irihi, Daeth, & Wynterleaf

• Irihi - Currently relaxing seething under Greymaster's control in the Keep of Naith Tulln 
  • Daeth - Has been warming the beds of the Lord & Lady of the powerful Noble House Syltamul. The couple is throwing an upcoming Masquerade Ball  to show him off in his honor
  • Wynterleaf - Has been seeking information in Liathlidor regarding a mysterious sigil.  Plans to exploit the upcoming Masquerade Ball at the Syltamul Estate to further her goal.

ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

Vjerdt

The Ice Gnome looks around in mild panic. What in the Worlde did I get myself into?!

"I'm in!" He declares, trying to convince himself more than anyone that this is a rational, good decision, or that it's even a decision at all.

What can go wrong?

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

Yay! Welcome, Vjerdt!

Okay, hold onto yer butt cuz I'm gonna spam us forward a tic.

My intention is to keep the action moving like it did in the other recent Irihi quests, so I'm going to try to write nexus decision points and push forward pretty quickly when I think it's reasonable. I don't want this to be one of those meandering quests that takes two months IRL to make or break camp. That often means some back-filling, summarizing, and pre-planning of conversations/actions and other tricks. I'm going to try to avoid days of one-line ping-pong posts like:

"Yes." Said Miiya. "How about you?"

Please feel free to ask for a slowdown if you have something you want to develop or accomplish in any certain area. 

Likewise, feel free to push the quest down a different path if you have a fun idea. I'll write a "shooter on rails" if need be, but it's way more fun when everybody takes turns driving (or fights over the wheel and sends us over the cliff).

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

I. Just. Lost. 3 hours or writing. Sigh 😔

Google docs. Not WordPad. Use Google docs.

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

Ydove, I had planned a bit of "downtime" in the detention cells of The Western Watch for Miiya and Vjert. However, in the spirit of "yes and" we can blow this joint right now, since you are "buying time." (Have Miiya, TonDen, and Vjert exit the Western Watch post haste). Let me know here, your preference. I won't be able to post much for about 18 hours or so. 

ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

@irihi I am fine with both actually! There can be many realistic outcomes for Vjerdt's attempt, and I'll be okay with all of them! 😀

ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

Question: is there a wall between Miiya's and Vjerdt's cells, or simply bars? Can they see each other or pass something from one to another?

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

@ydove it's whatever you want. I think just bars. Separating the cells is just for comfort. The serious barriers are the outer walls and cell doors. So there's probably plenty of gaps.

Ydove liked
ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

Will be delayed in my posting today and tomorrow. Plan to be back on Thursday. Please don't escape Kiana without me and leave me to rot in that cell!

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

@ydove do you want me to wait for a response before getting free of shackles and cell, or go ahead break them out?

ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

@irihi you can break them out and assume Vjerdt plays along 🙂

ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

I deeply apologize, but I find it difficult to post at the moment due to RL issues. Please continue without me - I think the best would be to have Vjerdt somehow left behind in the mayhem of the escape, while Miiya and TonDen move forward. If I'm able to return soon, I will pick up Vjerdt wherever he's left.

Thank you and my apologies. 🙁

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

Got it, thanks for the heads up!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 37
Share: