Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Market Street

Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble
Journey starter  

((OOC: Vjerdt; from the Harbor; I hope I am doing it right…))

The Ice Gnome walked the short distance from the harbor to the towne itself with some trepidation. It was somewhat comforting that most folk around him were even shorter than him. In Ice Krowne standards, the streets were definitely bustling, although more urban people might consider the place tranquil. Some vendors were selling their produce – fruits and vegetables Vjredt had never seen: round things in a myriad of colors. The gnome was unable to contain his curiosity and approached one of the stalls, and picked something larger than his fist, deeply red and squishy.

The short woman at the other side eyed Vjerdt as if he was more exotic than whatever he was holding.

“Can I help you, love?” She asked, kindly. Her hair was auburn and thick, tied in two braids around her head. Her eyes were dark-green and her smile was wide. “You seem a bit lost.”

Vjerdt looked at her for a long moment before replying slowly, with a very thick accent: “I am… I am from afar… from the North…” He waved around rather helplessly.

“Where am I… exactly?”

Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble
Journey starter  

“From the North? But there is nothing up nort…” The woman’s eyes widened. “Yew mean yew’re from the Krowne? We never had anyone here from up there!” Oh boy, she couldn't wait till she'll tell Varvera about this. The Ice Gnome noticed how excited she seemed with this piece of information, almost giddy – which stood in stark contrast to Vjerdt’s own timid demeanor.

“Well, yew are in Kiana, love,” she replied with pride to the gnome’s question. “Home of the Haflings! My name is Henriada Rustymane, pleased to make yer acquaintance, and yew are?”

“Vjerdt,” the gnome mumbled as he fidgeted with the red round fruit in his hands. “Vjerdt Valsshaum. Are all… are all people in Kiana our… our height? Because… because the people I’ve met from down… south up until now were, well, far taller.” There weren't a lot of those, if he was to be honest. Mainly the crew of the Tidetamer that threw him off their ship.

Henriada snickered. “Well, in Kiana we are all Haflings, so yes – yew won’t see a lot taller than this.” She motioned at her own height. “But in the rest of Aniada, those Umans and Orcs and all are pretty tall.” Her smile turned somewhat more shrewd, but was still kind. “It seems this tomato intrigues yew. Have a bite.”

It took Vjerdt a moment to realize what the Hafling woman was talking about. “Tomato?” He raised his hand in a questioning gesture, and when Henriada nodded he sunk his teeth into the red flesh. Juice splattered all around, on his chin and fingers and coat. It was very different from eating the roots and bulbs of the Ice Krowne, that much was certain. Henriada burst out in a hearty laughter.

“Yew’ll get used to it,” she said. “But what brings yew down here, Vjerdt Valsshaum of the Ice Krowne? Where are yew headed?”

ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble
Journey starter  

Where was he headed?

When Vjerdt left his clan, the answer was only “away”. He only went from, not really to anywhere. But now he was finally “away”, and clearly “away” was not a destination but simply endless possibilities.

“I do not know,” the Ice Gnome admitted. “I didn’t plan to be here… I didn’t plan anything honestly.”

Henriada eyed him closely. “Yew are indeed lost,” she stated as a matter-of-fact. “Perhaps it would be wise of yew to get some rest. Do yew have coin on yew, poor soul?” Vjerdt nodded, blushing. He stole some money while on the Tidetamer and was not proud of it. But he knew he needed it to survive in the Worlde, somehow. “Good,” Henriada said. “So I suggest yew get a bed at the Green Griffon. It is our main inn,” she added in reply to the quizzical look on the gnome’s face and then realized she needs to explain some more: “An inn is where yew can get a decent meal and a bed for a reasonable price.”

An inn. The worlde was such an odd place, thought the gnome, as he thanked Henriada and started walking towards the general direction she pointed at, leaving the Hafling woman behind, shaking her head with some pity.

((OOC: To the Green Griffon: Main Hall!))

ReplyQuote
Share: