Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Overlooking the Keep

Vidar
(@vidar)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

Deep in the Green Forest is a hill topped by a fortlike keep. The first thing a traveler would note is that the many villages surrounding the keep are filled with members of all the races of the worlde.

Vidar Brand Home again and a call to duty

"Well there it is.” The lone figure thought as he looked across the quarter League to the dark walls of a distant Keep.   He stopped in his pondering to listen, He filtered through the sounds of the last late-night creatures and again heard the tail tell sounds of one the two Umans watching him. 

The two had started shadowing when he passed the keeps boundary stone four days ago, one Vidar could only tell he was near was when the hair on the back of his neck stood up, “but the kid is another matter.”  and as if he heard the thoughts in Vidars head a figure stepped from a distant stand of trees.  

Holding his hands wide from his sides the Uman called, “Please take it easy on my great, great grandson Vidar” motioning to the other a youth of possibly 10 winters to join him, “I figured tracking the great Vidar Brand would be a good test of his skill”} he said giving the boy a playful cuff back of his head. 

Vidar despite the darkness studied the distant figure, the gray, brown and greens of a hunter's outfit told him little, but when his eyes spied the twin hand axes one upon each hip that he knew whom the shadow was. “Tjirus aren't you a little old to be traipsing through the woods teaching the way to youngsters?”  

This Journey was modified 12 months ago 7 times by Vidar

Vidar
(@vidar)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

Vidar Brand Home again and a call to duty

Having caught up on the most of the last few years Tjirus noticed the boy was half asleep leaning upon his staff, “Well this one need to be off to home.” he said with a half-smile on his face. “His mother will think I’ve lost him to the wolves.” He picked the boy up showing little of his many years, “Remember to stop by and see Lley or I will never hear the end of it.” even with the burden of the boy the man disappeared into the darkness without a sound leaving Vidar alone with his thoughts.  

A faint summer wind brought with it the smell of green hay in the far meadows and Vidar was flooded with memories of his time here as a youth. As the ghosts of the past both good and bad faded away Vidar lifted his eyes to the keep in the distance. Above the keep was the tiniest bit of a setting crescent moon. “The last night before the new moon” he thought nudging to start his horse forward. “The end of an old cycle and the beginning of a new one. 

OOC: To the Keep gates.  

This post was modified 12 months ago 2 times by Vidar

ReplyQuote
Share: