Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

MAIN HUB - The Red ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] MAIN HUB - The Red Light District [SHAARN NALOS]

Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Patron Saint of Hawtbois, Catboys, & BAMF Babes Noble
Journey starter  
NALOS (Down Below) [Shaarn]

Shaarn Nalos

[The Red Light District]

╺ ✽ ╸

MAIN HUB

"Shaarn down slope"

Access to:

Located below the main city and continuing far down the slope towards the mountain’s base, sits Shaarn’s lower ward.  Also called Shaarn Nalos, whose name literally means “Shaarn Down Slope” in Gnomeish, the lower district starts down slope of Shaarn Anthos (aka - “Shaarn Up Above”), with buildings growing more clustered and claustrophobic the farther down you travel.  At the very foot of the mountain the streets lead into a crater-shaped, open-roofed cave system, the delineation of which unofficially marks the beginning of the Shaarn’s Red Light District

The nature of the cave system makes it easy to access from the air and ensures that the buildings located further into the cave are able to utilize mirrors and other such contraptions to harness the sunlight.  As such, many of the buildings within the cave sport a motley hodgepodge of Gnomeish contraptions, most of which only the maker can likely make heads or tails of, with the tops of most buildings jam packed with a dizzying assortment of reflective panels, turning gears, and mechanical parts.

While the underground streets are patrolled by the City Guard the same as above ground, Shaarn Nalos is where one goes to indulge in their vices, no matter how debauched or obscure.  One must simply be willing to step off the main path to search through a complicated and entangled series of byways, back alleys, and side streets, to find it.  If you can navigate its twisting arteries, that is; Shaarn Nalos is the poster child for urban sprawl.  The Red Light District is a tangled labyrinth of barrios and row houses, hemmed in on all sides by bars, gambling dens, cathouses, and other nondescript buildings that each house their own hidden (and unadvertised) inequities. 

To put it simply, it's exceptionally easy to lose one's self in Shaarns lower district - in more ways than one.

TOM-CAT: A Stab in the Dark - Pounce!(1/2) - Teleskela - Kiana Beach Battle(1/2/3) - My Prey - Botched Massacre(1/2) - Try Again - ★Powder Keg - Soft,soft - ★Stupid Little Tom-Cat - ★Miiya & Cat-Tom - Sparring(1/2) - Kidney Punch - ☆The Great Tipsu Hunt! - ☆Stolen Kiss - ☆Overwhelmed by Intimacy - Returning to Her - ★Bath Time Bonding - ☆Wings, Tails, & Love - ☆Cave Storms - Climbing the Walls - ★1st Kiss - ★Makeouts & Memories - ★Laughter & Kisses - Eros & Hormones -Cat-Tom: Rescue Kitty! - Cat-Tom vs. Skaven - ☆(Forced) Shift Back - 9-1 Lives - ★A Beast in the Darkness - ☆Bored Nihilism - Cat vs. Dragon - ★Emotionally Exhausted Bath - Catboy, Interrupted - All For Her - ☆Bellissimo Gato
───────────
DAETH: Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - Sensing Death - ★Kissing Fate(1/2) - Precariously Balanced Nature - At Long Last, Eddellyn - Soul Searching - Into the Maze - ★The Minotaur & The Labyrinth - Heart of the Maze - Before the Storm - Thunder & Honey - ★Ripped Gowns - ★Sensual Poetry - Warding Sigils - Hedonistic Filth & House-Sized Party Crasher - Confronting Maarazaar(1/2/3) - Ash Bunny Irihi
───────────
RISQUÉ: Fun with Fisticuffs!
[Chatte]Enter Chatte - Chat w/Castor -Proposing the Race
──────────────────
[ ☆ = favorite / ★= extra fave]

Wynterleaf
(@wynterleaf)
Citizen Citizen

Verhyd Duellar Umbr'm IV

- A tiefling warlock healer of minor distinction and little co-ordination -

Spoiler
Mr. Umbr'm

[ooc from Verhyd's Room - The Cattery (Apt# 26B) [The Scratching Post]]

Verhyd nearly made it out of Shaarn Nalos and into the Nexus without incident but he’d been distracted by a streak of red close to the ground following the line of buildings to his left. He stopped abruptly to wait, unaware of the gnome tradesmen navigating his cart on the street directly behind him. The cart crashed unceremoniously into his back, not enough that it caused any harm (to himself anyway) but some of the gnome's wares spilled over into the pathway. After a few choice swears on the behalf of the gnome and a few placating words from Verhyd, along with a bit of help to set the cart back to rights, foot traffic began moving again. 

Taking a step to the side, out of the way of traffic, the tiefling waited as a sleek body covered in deep red fur, tipped with black, separated from the shadows and scurried up his body to fit itself in place next to his neck under the collar of his jacket. The fire weasel draped his head and paws over Verhyd's shoulder and yellow pupilless eyes gazed up at him, seeming to size up the situation; he knew without being told that the creature laughed at him. 

Good morning, Gorze. Find anything interesting on your hunt last night?” Verhyd greeted the creature by offering it a remaining piece of his pastry, knowing even a successful hunt still wouldn’t fill his familiar’s appetite. 

Gorze flicked his whiskers in response and happily took the offered baked good between his front paws. 

Better hurry on so we aren’t late,” Verhyd spoke to the weasel as if it understood and something about the hooded blink of eyes suggested it did. 

[OOC To: MAIN CORRIDOR - Craftsman Quarter [Commercial District]]

Irihi and Lassroyale liked
ReplyQuote
Rigel
(@rigel)
Citizen Citizen

OOC: From 1-Bed Private Loft - Upstairs Rooms [Hotel Charmineux]

Rigel found himself standing in the middle of a street, he didn’t know, in a city he didn’t know, in a land he didn’t know, and experiencing feelings he had never known before.

So far, this day was not going well.  All he needed now was for it to start raining. That would put a nice little bow on his day.  But what was he to do now?  His friend Pioloss abandoned him, his friend Faan has disappeared, and the woman he had grown to care for had just kicked him out of her life. 

Where to go now?  What to do?  Alone, unemployed, broken, and he had only just found himself.  Or so he had thought.  AAH! This was so stupid!  Buck up man!  Rigel wiped the tears from his eyes and resolved that he would... 

“Rigel! Wait up!”

What? Pioloss?  Thank heaven!  “Pioloss My friend.  Are you ok?”

“I think I have a lead on whatever happened to Faan!”

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Rigel

Irihi and Pioloss liked
ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

"Aye." Pioss replied,only just resisting the urge to ask his friend what was bothering him. "A beggar in the sumps… I think she might know something about the people who took Faan… or the whereabouts of someone who does… But…" Pioloss paused, unsure of the best way to proceed. "I think that we are going to have to dig up a vampire who has been buried alive!" He finished in a rush.

Irihi liked
ReplyQuote
Rigel
(@rigel)
Citizen Citizen

Rigel leaned in a bit closer to Pioloss and lowered his voice.  "Myrae told me that Faan was working for the Monstrum Venandi.  Some sort of criminal group, they “Made her an offer she couldn’t refuse.”  They are also who is paying for our lodging, food and drink. 

It sounds like Faan is working for them for pay but she cannot leave until she is done.  Myrae also said it would be unwise of us to interfere with whatever the current arrangements are.  She told me that right before she she kicked out. "  Rigel looked quite distraught by the time he finished telling Pioloss what he knew.

"Uhm,  buried vampire?  Why would I want to raise a vampire?  Are you ok?"

Irihi liked
ReplyQuote
Rigel
(@rigel)
Citizen Citizen

No...No...NO!!!  Rigel could not contain himself any longer and suddenly a steady mostly unintelligible stream of word vomit poured forth.  "Myrae", "wanted", "hurt", and "why?" Among the few words one might be able to decipher. 

Spoiler
No...please no....
[/spoiler

]

Irihi liked
ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

Pioloss tried, and failed to not wince. Why indeed? For who would ever suffer a vampire to live? The Dhamphir stopped dead, a snarl threatening to ripple across his face.

Well who was Rigel to judge him, anyway? Or anyone else for that matter! Pioloss didn't choose to be what he was! And he certainly wasn't going to let himself be pigeon holed into being inherently evil because of it! 

"Oh I'm OK!" He began, rounding angrily on Rigel, only to be stopped dead in his tracks as the giant let loose with a garbled stream of words and sounds that seemed roughly centered around Myrae being the worst.

“Uh…” For a moment it looked as though Pioloss might turn and run, simply fleeing into the night and away from the suddenly very awkward situation. He might have done it too! But as it turned out, having friend's meant taking the rough with the horrifyingly awkward emotional moments, and seeing the pain on Rigel’s face, Pioloss found that he simply couldn’t just walk away.

"There, there." Said Pioloss, stepping in to awkwardly pat Rigel on the back. “I know… Women, hey?... There’s just no understanding them some- Wait a minute! She said what?!” Pioloss exclaimed as some of Rigel’s words began to un-jumble themselves in his mind. “So… She doesn’t want to stick around and watch yew put yourself in danger? And she wanted yew to come back to Duskhill with her instead? Yew ever think that maybe that’s because she actually cares about yew? Stars above Rigel! I think that if we somehow survive all of this then yew might have just stumbled across something real here!” He finished, trying his best to keep any traces of jealousy as he punched his friend lightly on the arm. “Now… How about we go and dig ourselves up a starving Vampire, eh?” 

Irihi liked
ReplyQuote
Rigel
(@rigel)
Citizen Citizen

Rigel inhaled deeply several times trying to bring himself under control and now he was just embarrassed.  He had never broken down like that before.  "So much for being a man." He thought.

He took comfort in Piolosses words, but his heart tugged him in the other direction.  He was hurt and unsure.  He didn’t know what to think.  He didn’t know if Myrae wanted him to go if she wanted him back.  Why had she kicked him out?

Pioloss on the other hand, Pioloss was his friend.  He trusted his friend. 

Rigel had been told all his life that vampires were creatures of the night.  Beings to be avoided.  But he also believed Pioloss would not do him harm deliberately.  He wouldn’t put them in harms way.  Pioloss must have felt that if something went wrong they would be able to handle it.   

“If you think we need to dig up this vampire.  I  shall go with you.  I have never met a vampire so this might be interesting.  Do you think we will need to kill it?  I know little of these creatures save wives tales.”

Rigel's mind suddenly snapped back to the thoughts that had been consuming him.

“Do you really think Myrae wants me to come back?”

This post was modified 5 days ago by Rigel

Pioloss liked
ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

Never met a vampire before? Oh? And are you sure about that my friend? Pioloss thought to himself as he led the way back towards where he had first encountered Pete. Whilst out loud, “Will we need to kill it? I don’t know… Probably. But then again, if it was the Monstrum Verandi which put it in the ground, then we three might find ourselves at something of a common cause. The enemy of my enemy and all that… 

“One thing though: No matter what happens, never let your guard down around it! A full Vampire see’s Umans as little more than walking meals and won’t hesitate to treat yew as such if given even half the chance, and they can move faster than yew would believe possible!” 

Pioloss walked on in silence for a bit, considering Rigels other question. “Rigel, it’s no secret that I have little understanding of the ways of women. Indeed, in the ways of people in general! But for what it’s worth: Yes. I think she does, and this was Myrae’s way of either trying to convince yew to stay, or of trying to save herself some pain at the prospect of losing yew.”

OOC: To The Sump

Irihi liked
ReplyQuote
Rigel
(@rigel)
Citizen Citizen

As they walked Rigel was full of questions, another thing new to him.  All his life he had only been a leader when preparing for, or going into battle.  The base instructions were simple “Go Kill, Don’t die”  Not a lot of thinking about circumstance required. 

But in his new life it seemed he had to figure everything out for himself and his confidence level with this sort of thing in no way came near his comfort level with the other. 

Still Rigel had many many questions… “Does this vampire have something to do with Faans disappearance?  What about the Monstrum Venandi?  Myrae thinks crossing them would be a very bad thing.  Are we even sure Faan is not working for them willingly?"

Wait!  What did he just say?  

full Vampire see’s Umans as little more than walking meals  

A full Vampire?  Does that mean there are “Partial Vampires”?  Are they pure evil killers?  But.. are all vampires evil?  Are "Partial vampires not evil?  Are there a lot of "not evil" vampires?  How does one become a vampire? Are the wives tales just that?  Tales with little or no grounding in the truth?  What in heavens name?

But now, more importantly to Rigel at least, Pioloss has given him yet another thing to think about.  Now he had three imperatives on his list “Fight, Don’t Die, Return to find Myrae”

OOC: To the Sump

This post was modified 4 days ago by Rigel
This post was modified 3 days ago by Rigel

Irihi and Pioloss liked
ReplyQuote
Share: