Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Creating Sub-Lands/Sub-Areas

Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Patron Saint of Hawtbois, Catboys, & BAMF Babes Noble
Journey starter  

Hi! Is there a way for me to create sub-areas that would contain/restrict posts made under that journey title to that one specific area? Mainly, I would like to create some sub-areas for the Syltumal Estate that I created, but I can't seem to figure out a way to do so without the new areas I make falling under a general "Reply" to the original Syltumal Estate journey post.

If I create all the areas I would like to include, would a Noble or Overlord be able to sub-categorize them for me? I'm more than happy to do the legwork if necessary.

Please let me know! Thanks!

TOM-CAT (Must Read): Teleskela - Kiana Beach Battle (3/3) - ★★Try Again - ★★Powder Keg - Soft, soft - Imprint - ★★Stupid Little Tom-Cat
DAETH (top 3): Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - ★★Sensing Death
RISQUÉ (most recent): ★★Fun with Fisticuffs!
──────────────────
[ ☆ = favorite / ★★= extra fave]

Journey Tags
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

For the record I have about 6 or so areas I would like to create (I think).  Off the top of my head. I've got the Front Gate, Exterior Grounds, Stables, General Interior, and Lord's Bedroom & Lady's Bedroom (separate).  

TOM-CAT (Must Read): Teleskela - Kiana Beach Battle (3/3) - ★★Try Again - ★★Powder Keg - Soft, soft - Imprint - ★★Stupid Little Tom-Cat
──────────────────

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@founder)
Overlord Admin

I set sub-lands.  I doubt if there’ll be any objections. I’ll get back to you soon.

“Don't adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

@founder No Worries and thanks for getting back to me! If necessary, I can write up a blurb for each of the areas and send those to you along with the pictures I had to go along with each area.  

──────────────────

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble

@lassroyale the structure of these boards is not quite as "deep" as old WA. Sub sub sub sub lands will tax the servers and destabilize the message board as I understand it. We're not sure how deep we can go, and we don't want to find out the hard way. 

Because of this, all sub-lands must be built by Overlord. Let's please keep this in mind and try to be creative in how we utilize the message board. Basically I'm trying to keep my areas as "shallow" as possible and writing appealing "journeys" that others will want to reuse.

YMMV

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@founder)
Overlord Admin

@lassroyale yes, email me the blurbs please.

“Don't adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Journey starter  

@irihi - Ah, OK! I was unaware of that and it makes sense. I don't want to bog down the boards with superfluous sub threads, so I'll definitely take that into account going forward.  Thanks for getting me up to speed.   😊 

@founder - Thank you! Given the new info I've learned about the boards, I'm going to condense everything to a few general areas, as to not have unnecessary areas. I will get those blurbs to you, shortly. 

──────────────────

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

I also have a request for at least two sub-areas in Upper Noitnetta.  Way back when as a mod in the old board I had more extensively developed the Kingdom of Amenee to have three basic sub units: The City, the Coastal Province  and The Reachlands. 

The City was recreated here but can I have the other two subregions created, if it isn’t going to create too many layers? 

Sub areas from there will be defined by journeys, as I’ve created several locales in the Rosewood 

how do I go about that?

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

ReplyQuote
Share: