Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

World book day!

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

World book day!

Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

So it's that time of year again. That magical day which until I had kids I did NOT realise was a big deal at all! (Which is bizarre because I freaking love books!)

But anyway, if you'll all forgive me the following assumption: I'm guessing that as we are here on a collaborative writing forum, most, if not all of you are probably avid readers yourselves?

So I was wondering, what was the first book you all remember that got you hooked on reading/ writing? Or alternatively your favourite book now?

For my favourite I'm afraid I'm going to have to be really unoriginal and say the original Dune trilogy. I stumbled across it at a charity shop in my teens and to this day its one of the best £1s I ever spent! 

As for my first, I was probably about 10 so I can't remember the title at all! But it was a YA series about a girl who discovers she's a were panther and then subsequently falls out with her pack when she doesn't agree with their bloodthirsty ways. It's funny that I don't remember more/ the title, as I can still vividly recall the moment when it hooked me in, and even which song was playing on the radio at the time! (Beautiful neighbourhood by Space)

Share: