Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Idea? Universal 'AN...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Idea? Universal 'ANONYMOUS' Account

Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Patron Saint of Hawtbois, Catboys, & BAMF Babes Noble
Journey starter  

Hello everyone! I am so happy to see the boards being used and some of the talented writing on here.  It's been an exercise in discipline to re-learn how to write in chunks, instead of a full-fledged story.  The writing I've done in the years since original WA shut down has been different than RP,, so it still feels like I have to tease out story posts.  I'm sure it'll get easier. Anyway, none of that is what I really wanted to talk about, lol.

I wanted to try and put forth an idea I had to see if it could even work in a board structure like this or if it is feasible to utilize it.  What I would like is for some way to occasionally post "Anonymously" on the boards.  I know the boards are different than what they used to be and that everyone needs an account to reply, post, etc.  So my ideas is to have a shared universal 'Anon" account that everyone can log into an use if they want to post anonymously for story driven reasons.  I guess I thought it might be good to have a way to create an Anonymous post here and there, as a way to supplement the stories of the main PC's by furnishing interactions with an Anon post for throwaway NPC's.  It might help to avert any confusion about who's posting for these types of interactions, and I think it's kind of fun to not know who is adding a bit of spice now and then via an interaction from an Anonymous user.  

Anyway, just my half-formed, off-the-cuff thought.  It might not be doable on a board like this, but right now I think we are a small enough group to utilize the honor system and trust people not to abuse a shared account.  

TOM-CAT (Must Read): Teleskela - Kiana Beach Battle (3/3) - ★★Try Again - ★★Powder Keg - Soft, soft - Imprint - ★★Stupid Little Tom-Cat
DAETH (top 3): Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - ★★Sensing Death
RISQUÉ (most recent): ★★Fun with Fisticuffs!
──────────────────
[ ☆ = favorite / ★★= extra fave]

Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

Lass,

While I miss the opportunity to add anonymous leavening to someone else’s Tale, I’m not sure having a shared account would be workable, given human nature alone.  

Would be nice if it could ‘appear’ anonymous to most, but still be linked to your posting login. Kind of like a ‘spoiler’ tag for the poster, hidden but not.

Returning to writing this way is a definite adjustment. I’m sure you’ll relearn 🙂

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@founder)
Overlord Admin

I'm not considering this at this time since the use of Quotes is working so well.  With 20 or less people in the game an anonymous account would not be a problem, but if the game grows it could create some issues I'd rather avoid and not have to go back and correct.  Suggestions like this in the future should be directed to me or or one of the Nobles for discussion in Pantheon.  Thanks!

“Don't adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Patron Saint of Hawtbois, Catboys, & BAMF Babes Noble
Journey starter  

@founder - Sorry! It's never my intention to step on any toes or overstep boundaries.  I apologize if I did/for doing so.  

BTW, I hope it didn't come across like I was demanding something be done or changed.  It was something I'd thought about and wanted to see if anyone else had the same thought or if it was just me focusing on unimportant things.

Either way, in the future I'll reach out to you first, when it comes to the mechanics of the boards or something.

TOM-CAT (Must Read): Teleskela - Kiana Beach Battle (3/3) - ★★Try Again - ★★Powder Keg - Soft, soft - Imprint - ★★Stupid Little Tom-Cat
DAETH (top 3): Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - ★★Sensing Death
RISQUÉ (most recent): ★★Fun with Fisticuffs!
──────────────────
[ ☆ = favorite / ★★= extra fave]

ReplyQuote
Share: