Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Invitation to Rigel...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Invitation to Rigel and any others active in Seven Oaks

Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

Hi Rigel!

I noticed you've been languishing in the Seven Oaks area for a while. It seems like the other players there are inactive. Consider Blackwing's invitation my offer for yew to join a quest with me, and possibly a few others depending on your preference.

Your (current) options (with me) are:

• Help Less - Rigel would be tasked to find Blackwing's niece, Miiya Aether, guard her and help her rescue Cahron Aether (Miiya's brother, Blackwing's nephew). This is a pretty intricate quest with some mature topics and bucketloads of moral ambiguity.
  • The Silk Road - Help an elfmaid deliver her wares to market in El Hazir. Expect a lot of walking.
  • Terror of the Vericule - Join the swashbuckling Pirate Blackwing in raiding slave and other pirate ships (as well as waylaying and extracting tribute from honest merchantmen). Much of this will deal with boats, I imagine. 
  • Ignore Blackwing's offer and do your own thing.

The Silk Road and Terror of the Vericule would be new quests without a lot of direction and it would probably be just you and me with occasional cameos from other mods, until/unless we get some more players. 

Help Less is a quest that several mods are currently writing with some specific end goals in mind. Don't feel like you need to read the 500-page backstory to join. We will be happy to summarize and help you integrate Rigel. Also, don't feel like you need to write thousand-word responses. The one caution I would give you is that we will occasionally do some "advanced" stuff like fast-forward the action, or consult OOC to set up a scene or post actions and reactions of others, which is a little out of the ordinary. 

The Silk Road and Terror of the Vericule will be slower with more "traditional" back-and-forth and less wordy posts overall (probably).

And, finally, no one will be bothered in the least if you have other plans. Feel free to decline this invitation. 

To join me, indicate Rigel's interest and just follow Blackwing's instructions. If you want to write out a series of linear posts first, feel free, I'll wait. I don't really want to play NPC's in Seven Oaks, so you'll be on your own for that. If you want to fast forward (Ie; "After a good night's rest, a couple of meals, and buying the supplies he needed, Rigel set off on his new adventure." sort of thing) That's fine too.

Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

@kabrin @Pioloss @Hamilcar @rigel

Sorry!  😓 

Please don't let me poach your people if you all have something planned. I didn't see any quest pages or ooc discussions and I didn't want anyone left out in the cold.

Admittedly, I only check "recent discussions" so maybe I missed something.

ReplyQuote
Rigel
(@rigel)
Citizen Citizen

@irihi thank you for the offer.  I am sure Rigel would be happy to go along. Just a bit of direction and he will be happy to wander the lands to the needed location.  He would love to help less...or more

ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

@irihi 

Not at all! I can only speak for myself but your post may just have been the boot up the backside I didn't know I was needing!

Whilst hanging with everyone at the bar was certainly fun I personally felt like I was kind of floundering on where to go from there! That said, if Pioloss coming back into things now steps on any toes/plans then please feel free to ignore him! I won't be offended and unfortunately can't guarantee my commitment over the Coming Christmas months 

ReplyQuote
Rigel
(@rigel)
Citizen Citizen

Real life first.  I understand and would expect nothing less.  If Pioloss wants to come along for the ride I am up for that!

I was happy to see the Worlde start up again but it is tough when there are only a handful of players.  the more that come and get active to more vibrant all the story line will become.  

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Patron Saint of Hawtbois, Catboys, & BAMF Babes Noble

@irihi @rigel @pioloss @hamilcar - Hey all! I'm the one of the other mods helping out with the Help Less quest, and am happy to poach some fine players to the cause.  Yeah, there's occasionally some "advanced" things going on with the Help Less, folk, right now mostly with Miiya and Tom-Cat (they're good fun, I luffs 'em) but nobody will ever encroach on your character without first consulting or anything.

So I guess you guys can decide if you both want to travel together or go to separate parts of the quest.  Basically, there's two parts of Help Less, more or less.  One part is with Miiya, my PC Tom-Cat (he's got a bio now, yay!), Myrae, and the TonDen (and Vjerdt, if/when he returns).  They're sort of taking it slower in the Underneath after a series of very intense and tragic action set-pieces.  The second part is with my PC and resident hotboy Daeth, another player named Eddellyn/Wynterleaf, and (eventually) Irihi herself.  Right now Daeth and Eddellyn are moving towards one another and we're slowly setting up for a huge action set-piece that involves a house-sized Demon crashing a masquerade ball.  This is all in Liathlidor, btw. 

If you need links or more information, I've updated the first page of the Help Less quest page with mostly up-to-date information for the former Kiana contingent, with soon-to-be updated information for the Liathlidor contingent once some more action happens there.  Let us know which portion sounds more to your liking and we can all figure out a way to get you guys where you want to go.  If one wants to go to Liathlidor to play with some Elven nobles before a demon crashes the Masquerade Ball, great! We'll make it happen.  If travelling through the Underneath and finding Miiya (just don't try to take her, Tom-Cat would be most displeased by that) for Blackwing sounds good, then we'll work that out, too.  Either way, we're happy to have you guys!

TOM-CAT (Must Read): Teleskela - Kiana Beach Battle (3/3) - ★★Try Again - ★★Powder Keg - Soft, soft - Imprint - ★★Stupid Little Tom-Cat
DAETH (top 3): Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - ★★Sensing Death
RISQUÉ (most recent): ★★Fun with Fisticuffs!
──────────────────
[ ☆ = favorite / ★★= extra fave]

ReplyQuote
Pioloss
(@pioloss)
Citizen Citizen

@rigel I know, right?! I'm probably the first and only person to get busier over Xmas!

If you are happy with it, I may have Pioloss sleuth after Rigel on whichever way he decides to go. I feel that being a man of God as it were could make for some interesting interaction between the two of them further down the road. But this way hopefully I won't be too much of a problem if I can't keep up with replies!

And @lassroyale appreciate the summation of current quests! I was following them all initially but the task of catching up with all of them has been growing ever more daunting for quite some time now!

And finally a disclaimer: I found before that going from writing my own projects to a more collaborative setting was quite the challenge! Though I will be doing my best to not write essays and to leave room for others to post, please don't hesitate to say if I'm being a ... Well... u know!

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble
Journey starter  

@baldor too!

Well, Blackwing will leave you all with instructions on how and where to go. While her flagship is The Whale King, she has other vessels, and has also recently come into possession of a portal key. 

I was going to say "ignore the temporal discontinuity of setting sail for Ufaeria and just happening to arrive in time for the ball, but who's to say that the Ufaerian branch isn't happening in the future... ture... ture...

I guess there WOULD be a discontinuity if some go Ufaeria and some go Underneath, and we eventually all live together in a little crooked house, but, hey, Magick. Amirite?

So, I'll try to get this ball rolling. Please be patient because I might be gone a day.

ReplyQuote
Share: