Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Interesting Artifac...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Interesting Artifacts and Unusual Items in Worlde Arcane

Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

Magic items and artifacts are part of any legendary fictional cosmology.  I'm curious if anyone has introduced any to WA.  My character has something like this in his background, but I'm wondering if anyone has any they'd like to share.  

Slainte!

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

Irihi liked
Journey Tags
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble

#clappy clappy jumpy jumpy# 

Yes, pls! We needed this topic. 

The Draegloth's Claw - A legendary Drow sword crafted by the Gnomes and Dwarves of Shaarn. The blade is black and mirrored like polished obsidian, eternally sharp, and nigh indestructible. It is a perfectly balanced and deadly melee weapon.

It also amplifies the wielder's Magick through a "lensing" process. It also enhances the negative effects of Magick and can (depending on the player-determined experience of the mage) draw out ALL the caster's Magick, usually leaving them disabled via whatever balance/cost system they have. 

This weapon was thought lost during the War of The Weapon of the Mad King, recovered by Myrae, the Drow spy, and was used by her to stand off The Watcher of Kiana.

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

@irihi Thank you, I thought there might be a gap.

Here's a multipart artifact, The Crown of Tears.

A circlet composed of two silver and two gold bands, twisted into a curved shape that can set upon a brow.  It will generally fit folk of standard size and larger, and seems to have a property that allows it to expand to fit a larger head. 

The Crown has seven gold and silver settings (locations for jewels), each fitted for a cabochon-shaped stone with a tapered top.  The metal Crown itself is rumored to have the ability to influence the behavior and decisions of sentient beings, mainly humans, elves, dwarves, humanoids and other mortals.  The Crown's effect varies on the targeted populace: smaller groups can be more directly and reliably directed while larger groups, such as tribes, mobs or the populace of cities experience a more subtle influence. Results are never guaranteed.  

The seven settings can each accept a different enchanted stone, which can enhance the Crown's influence in various ways.  The last time the Crown was viewed with such stones in it, only two were present... when the inhabitants of Stone Gap threw themselves into the cenotes of Faer Gileagh, at the behest of Mad Queen Ethelinde.  The actual effects were never reliably documented, but it appeared to at least one outside observer, the scholar Raileh ep Whiste, that "... a great wave of anger swept over the populace... and many began to break into the homes of their neighbors, taking everything not nailed down and accumulating larger and larger piles of goods... that were then fought over themselves."

He noted also, in a hand scrawled note, "... I did see thaem burst forthe from the town in graete numbers beyond count and over the brinks they felle into the dark Holy Wells."

Other folklore accounts say that the two jewels were blazing like stars when this was occurring. The whereabouts of the Crown and any of its enchanted stones is unknown.

Caution in dealing with this article is required. 

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

ReplyQuote
Absynthe
(@absynthe)
Citizen Citizen

Where is the Christmas tree on the WA map? Found it.

Worlde Arcane Christmas

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Absynthe

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Share: