Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Hail and Well Met!

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hail and Well Met!

Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

This is, what I hope, the beginning of a great nostalgia trip and an opportunity to do some creating.  I have many great memories of Worlde Arcane, where I've written reams of content.  Some good, some not so good, but all went into Duilliath (and so many other characters - Finaodh, Lothar... Jackdaw among them).  Looking forward to seeing what comes from this.  

I hope that Duilliath (aka Shadowleaf) and his return to Worlde Arcane offers some entertainment to you all.  

Slainte.

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

Wyrm liked
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

Welcome, Duiliath! Looking forward to roaming the lands of the Worlde with you!

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

Thanks, Ydove!  I'm working on my first post now. 

Ydove liked
ReplyQuote
Wyrm
 Wyrm
(@wyrm)
Noble Noble

Welcome Duilliath! Isn't it great to see Arcane return? It's such a wonderful world and platform. It sounds like there is some great things going on and I'm really glad to see you!  

Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

Posted by: @duilliath

Thanks, Ydove!  I'm working on my first post now. 

Wonderful! I am really enjoying it so far and intrigued to see where this leads.

Meanwhile, can you please also post Duilliath's description in Characters of the Lands? This includes his appearance, background, race, strengths and weaknesses (some also add occupation, alignment, age and whatever else you see fit).

If Duilliath does not belong to one of the listed races you can post it under Others.

Thank you! Looking forward to reading more.

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

Thanks, Ydove.

I’ve been working on that for the last two days, trying to see how Duilliath ’feels’ again and what inspiration may rise from the interaction of the character with the Worlde.  

Ydove liked
ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

Hopefully this will not count against my 'posts for today', but I did post a character profile today as requested. 

Ydove liked
ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble

@duilliath nope, post away. You won't be automatically banned ferever if you exceed the posting limit. We just behead those who overwhelm their fellow adventurers with over-posting. 

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

So I rejoined a bit less than two months ago and I am closing in on 100 posts - almost all of which are story content and value-added.

I hope you are enjoying the Mad Sidhe and his quest for redemption.  I’ve really enjoyed finding his voice again and am looking forward to more interaction as we go forward.  

Always has been a challenge to capture the weird and different way he sees the worlde- if it makes no sense to you, he’s doing the right thing!

Thanks for reviving the Forum.

Duilliath

Ydove liked
ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

Hail!

I have been trying something a little different with Duilliath’s Tale of late. I am trying to tell an epic scale history of a particularly traumatic event in Upper Noitnetta as it relates to The Sidhe’s role in it and draw in some new material, a bit of nostalgia from WA 1.x in the form of some character references, and tell an impactful story that relates to the Rosewood threads, including The Sidhe’s Search for Redemption and to support Talan’s Tale and give some color and texture there (such as exactly what ruined that village on the Ahvinn and one of the sources of the Wandering Unquiet, the  spirits that haunt the formerly wholesome Rosewood). 

Hope that you enjoy reading it as much as I did making up the 95% it off the cuff.

We’ll be moving back into the present frame now…

Slainte!

ReplyQuote
Lassroyale
(@lassroyale)
Patron Saint of Hawtbois, Catboys, & BAMF Babes Noble

@duilliath -  Nice! I've noticed things have shifted their tone over in the Rosewood, lately, with the return of the Moonwender(s) and (as it seems) Demon-Inarion.  

I know nothing of the Moonwenders - do you think we could get a Bestiary/Mythic Creature/Legendary Monster type write up for them, sometime? No rush or pressure to even do it. I think we'll have a Book of Beasts (non-working title) type section on the WA page at some point, but nothing concrete right now. I'm just personally curious. 

BTW, (you don't have to tell me if you plan on touching on this, in-story) but have the Moonwenders killed the Amadan na Briona and the Wild Hunt?  I had a Fox Trickster goddess running around the Rosewood who was rather fond of the Amadan, at one point.  I'll guess she's either gone to ground (deep, deep down) or she was destroyed alongside the Master of the Wild Hunt.  

TOM-CAT: A Stab in the Dark - Pounce!(1/2) - Teleskela - Kiana Beach Battle(1/2/3) - My Prey - Botched Massacre(1/2) - Try Again - ★Powder Keg - Soft,soft - ★Stupid Little Tom-Cat - ★Miiya & Cat-Tom - Sparring(1/2) - Kidney Punch - ☆The Great Tipsu Hunt! - ☆Stolen Kiss - ☆Overwhelmed by Intimacy - Returning to Her - ★Bath Time Bonding - ☆Wings, Tails, & Love - ☆Cave Storms - Climbing the Walls - ★1st Kiss - ★Makeouts & Memories - ★Laughter & Kisses - Eros & Hormones -Cat-Tom: Rescue Kitty! - Cat-Tom vs. Skaven - ☆(Forced) Shift Back - 9-1 Lives - ★A Beast in the Darkness - ☆Bored Nihilism - Cat vs. Dragon - ★Emotionally Exhausted Bath - Catboy, Interrupted - All For Her - ☆Bellissimo Gato
───────────
DAETH: Breaking Callon - Pleasure w/Pain - Sensing Death - ★Kissing Fate(1/2) - Precariously Balanced Nature - At Long Last, Eddellyn - Soul Searching - Into the Maze - ★The Minotaur & The Labyrinth - Heart of the Maze - Before the Storm - Thunder & Honey - ★Ripped Gowns - ★Sensual Poetry - Warding Sigils - Hedonistic Filth & House-Sized Party Crasher - Confronting Maarazaar(1/2/3) - Ash Bunny Irihi
───────────
RISQUÉ: Fun with Fisticuffs!
[Chatte]Enter Chatte - Chat w/Castor -Proposing the Race
──────────────────
[ ☆ = favorite / ★= extra fave]

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

I’ll leave Demon Inarion for his writer, but The Lady of Bones is something between an NPC and a ‘creature’.

As to the changed nature of The Rosewood, I’m not sure that many remember the old Rosewood the way you and I might.  So, I put a gulf of time between then and now to account for the changes…

Lastly, The Amadan is a name that hasn’t been heard in The Rosewood for a long time… but like all creatures of folklore… are they diminished or just hidden? We shall see.

The Master of the Hunt wouldn’t allow such evil to remain, if he were capable of stopping it, would he?

We’ll see… future plot elements are showing up all the time.

ReplyQuote
Share: