Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Coming home!

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Coming home!

Wyrm
 Wyrm
(@wyrm)
Noble Noble
Journey starter  

Hullo denizens of Worlde Arcane! It is nice to be back and exploring the new site! It looks wonderful!!! Clearly a lot of work has gone into it. What a wonderful platform for it as well! So many good memories of this place! I think I recognize some of the handles here! How is everyone? What is new and exciting? 

Look what I found!!!!  https://web.archive.org/web/20040804090728/http://worldearcane.mysteryandmagic.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=irihi-users [note you might have to cut and paste this into your browser)

Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes

Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

Welcome Wyrm! It's wonderful to have you here, and I'm looking forward to playing with you! 

Posted by: @wyrm

Look what I found!!!!  https//worldearcane.mysteryandmagic.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=irihi-users [note you might have to cut and paste this into your browser)

The link did not work for me (or directed to a page not found). 

ReplyQuote
Wyrm
 Wyrm
(@wyrm)
Noble Noble
Journey starter  

@ydove Thank you so much! It's wonderful to be back!  The place looks great! I'm looking forward to starting a story. Is there a place you'd recommend beginning? Is there any help you'd like building anything or researching something?

I'm sorry the link didn't work! I can't figure out how to copy and paste URLs from the Wayback Machine. If you paste the below into your browser, navigate to 72 hours you can see some of the original site. If you go to ElHazir, there's a great exchange between Irihi and Trask. The images aren't saved but the links to many of the characters work. 

web.archive.org/web/20040619145858/ http://worldearcane.mysteryandmagic.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

ReplyQuote
Wyrm
 Wyrm
(@wyrm)
Noble Noble
Journey starter  

... if that doesn't work, and you want a good snapshot of the Worlde go to:

http://web.archive.org

Search: mysteryandmagic.com

Select Worlde Arcane 

Scroll back to 2004 and go to June 19 (has the most content saved).

Then go to 72 hours

ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

Wow, this brings back so many memories!  😮 

Also, it might prove extremely useful in reconstructing those area descriptions that got lost along the way (basically almost everything except Aniada and H'jek Daru). Thanks! 

ReplyQuote
Wyrm
 Wyrm
(@wyrm)
Noble Noble
Journey starter  

@ydove you are most welcome! It is pretty cool. I was having fun reading some the earlier posts. If something isn't popping up you are looking for, you can try different dates or locations on the site. For example, the links in the Characters section tend not to work but they do from the posts. I can't pretend to understand it's logic but I guess it all depends on how something was captured? Prodigy and the Lattice are there as well. So long ago. 

Ydove liked
ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble

you go to ElHazir, there's a great exchange between Irihi and Trask. The images aren't saved but the links to many of the characters work. 

😳 Ohmigawd! Please don't. I can't believe I wrote all that tripe! I deny any culpability for postings prior to 2010!

Welcome! Neat character! 

ReplyQuote
Wyrm
 Wyrm
(@wyrm)
Noble Noble
Journey starter  

@irihi ... my friends in forensic science say something like "every contact leaves a trace". In Irihi's case we are better for it indeed! Good stuff! So many fun stories. I look forward to seeing what the future will look like and to catch up with everyone. 

ReplyQuote
Irihi
(@irihi)
Villainess Noble

@wyrm , here's a link to the recommended post structure.

Unlike the original WA, you are not required to use a character name as your posting handle. So, to make reading adventures less confusing, it's recommended to block quote or otherwise title each post with the character name. 

If yew want to be really clever about it, you can link the name to the character description. Quoting your own last post is an easy way to clone this formatting, though you do have to fiddle with the automatic quote structure.

ReplyQuote
Wyrm
 Wyrm
(@wyrm)
Noble Noble
Journey starter  

Prefect! Thank you so much @irihi

ReplyQuote
Ydove
(@ydove)
Noble Noble

The Green Griffon Inn

Known as the best place in town to find friends and hospitality, The Green Griffon Inn and it's buxom innkeeper, Tammis, have been around Kiana as long as everyone can remember. The inn's chef, a surly, mysterious hafling named Ytef, prepares excellent exotic food, and always provides entertainment for patrons close enough to the kitchen to hear his mumbled rants while he cooks.

When Riikka is out of towne, Tammis serves as Regent, as she knows Kiana better than any other. She also owns The Curio shop just next door.

Well, in the reboot it would seem Tammis has retired and Zenfe had taken her place... 😉

But all this information is amazing. Thanks! I'm pretty sure it would be of much use as the reconstruction of the Worlde will be deeper under way. 

Wyrm liked
ReplyQuote
Share: