Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Central Rosewood: Velika Morska

Page 6 / 7

Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

In his dream Talan turned about in the arena of blood and sand, he could feel the danger everywhere.  He pulled the shield closer to himself and kneeled down, bracing himself.

He could feel the power inside, swirling through his blood, fire, longing to be released.

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

The attack came from above, it was the Bone Cat, flying through the air with a spear, he raised the shield above to protect himself. He felt her land and the ground shuddered beneath him.  He dropped the shield down and stared at the creature that had invaded the dream, equally as terrifying here as in the real world.

”Leave!” He said, trying to act brave and not show the abomination he was afraid.

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

He felt his magic move to the surface within him, ready to fight this monstrosity. He took in her visage, the bone armour, the feline face, thick whiskers, sharp teeth. He remember the pain of the dream where she ate the skin from his fingers, peeling it with her sharp claws.

”I am warning you Bone Cat…leave!”

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

All he wanted was to wake up but he was still staring across the sand at the Wender who stared cruelly back at him. He would not lower the shield, as it carried a spear. Why was it here, did he dream the Wender or did it dream him?

This post was modified 2 months ago by Talan

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

Ooc back from my trip to Singapore. Will catch up

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

Absynthe liked
ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

He remembered what the Kobalt had started to teach him, his domain could be more than just fire, he could command other elements with practice.  Still holding the shield in one arm, he dropped the other arm down and reached for deeper within the earth, and pulled.

"Weight doesn't mean anything." He whispered to himself.

The ground started to shuddered and ripple almost like a thunderstorm under the earth.

Perhaps in this dream he could be more than just a scared kid.

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

He kneeled with the shield covering him, his hand flat against the sand, mentally he reached down and the ground now shook quite hard.  His eyes met the Wender who had planted her large paws to try and steady herself.

”You want to play rough Kitty!” He said through gritted teeth.

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

As he spoke those words there was a deathly silence, then he heard a soft female voice in his ear.

”Not this dream boy, another time, when I can join you.”

Talan suddenly jerked awake to find himself in the cave, Hawkeye was asleep, Deradith was not there nor was Grell. Who had spoken to him?

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

Grell

The Sorcerer in Blue floated on his little cushion looking for all the world like he levitated on mist. There was something… he could feel it coming in the air, His next words were “Oh no.” In a whisper. He’d been waiting for this test… this moment… all his life.

Grell began to cast, to draw and focus, lifting great currents of energy from the river, the earth and the air. The tiny fire of his burning cheroot joined the swirl. All about him, if one had the Sight, were strange figures working in a swirl: tiny brown figures, white icy ones and blue and red figures… kind of like sprites, but if one had sculpted a sprite from the memory of a nightmare.

The Kobaldt sent the swirling mass of energy to the edge of the River, where the burning orange eyes of the Moonwender Scout blinked at him slowly.  Ebony fangs glinted in the sunlight as she drew back and launched the javelin through the battering winds.

It flew straight on.

The wind deflected it a little.

It did not strike the floating man in the heart.

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

Talan felt it before he saw it, the pull of magic.

”Grell?” He called out.

Hawkeye was already heading outside and to where the Blue Man was. He caught the scent of the Wender and snarled. Talan joined his friend outside and shouted as he saw the javelin hoisted and thrown.

He threw out his hand and released a stream of fire towards the Wender.

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

Grell and The Wender Tracker:  

Slings and Arrows

The short throwing spear flew, quick as the prestidigitator’s hand, arching slightly as it reached its apex.  
The throw was off by a small degree, but it didn’t matter.

The orange runes on the black spear glowed fiercely as the dart struck home. Grell, the Blue Sorcerer, took the point in his middle, just above his navel.

The little sorcerer almost fell off his cushion, which grew less substantial and more vaporous.  The spear flared orange as Grell looses his counterspell: a blue column of intense light arrowed from the ground by the river, glowing intensely with a coruscating actinic light.

The water at the river’s edge was instantly vaporized into a column of steam… Grell spoke two last pieces of wisdom as the bubble of steam burst with a detonation that rocked all from their feet.

”Hey… you… get offa my cloud…” he said hoarsely.

And lastly, just before he was consumed in the bloom of black darkness, more vindictively, “Good night, Witch. You should have gone for the head.”

His retaliatory strike cleared the field, but he vanished in an explosion of nullity.

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

Talan scrabbled to find his feet.

”GRELL.” He screamed.

The little Blue Man was nowhere to be seen.

”GRELL.”

Hawkeye found his paws from where he had been knocked back and gave a soft whine.

The odd man was nowhere, gone, and Hawkeye realised what fighting the Wender had cost him. He padded to where Talan had slowly sunk to his knees, tears running down his cheeks. He licked the boy’s hand to try and comfort him.

”I am going to make them pay for this.” Talan said coldly, wiping his hand across his eyes.

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble
Journey starter  

The little blue wizard’s stroke of… lightning? had blown a large cloud of steam into the air. It dissipated as those who had been nearby noted the sudden absence of the floating Kobaldt. 

Where had he gone?

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

Deradith stepped onto the bank and frowned at the smell of charred Wender, she glanced about and found Talan stood stony faced a little way off and Hawkeye at his side looking most solemn.

She was swiftly to them, her silvery dress rippling about her lithe frame, her dark blue eyes full of concern.

"What has happened?" She asked quietly.

Talan related everything, the dream, the voice, the Wender scout showing up and the wounding and subsequent disappearing of Grell.  His voice was raw and angry, and it felt overly warm in his presence.

"Please try to calm yourself." Deradith said softy, reaching out to push a lock of chestnut hair from his eyes.

"What of this voice in the dream? Tell me of it."

Talan bit his lip and closed his eyes, trying to calm himself as she had requested.

"It was female, but I saw no-one, told me to wait before I went fighting the Cat Witch on my own, she said she would help."

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen

She shook her head.

“You were dreaming my sweet….the Wenders must have punched through Grell’s defences.”

She reached out to rub Hawkeye’s ears and he closed his eye and gave a low rumble.

”It was inevitable, I have also felt the Demon near.”

With that word Hawkeye’s eye snapped opened and he growled.

Talan tried to settle his friend, by stroking his fur but the wolf was riled.

Deradith rose and drifted to look out over the small valley.

”I do not think you can stay here much longer Talan.”

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: