Today is of the Cycle Of The Seventh Moon.
Current Season & Month:  , Year: 543 A.R. (ref)

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Moving deeper in

Page 1 / 5

Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

Talan dragged himself into the forest, away from the river, Hawkeye followed behind, even his step was not as spritely as before.  The trees grew thicker and their canopy shut out the sky.  Further and further they went, hoping the sky rock had fallen on the Demon and the Wenders.

Finally Talan could go no further, he was so tired, he settled in the boles of a huge tree and the wolf curled up at his side.

”Do you think Deradith lives?” He said out loud.

Hawkeye whined lowly, he had wondered the same thing.

Duilliath liked
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

As he laid there he knew he had to learn to defend himself, and that meant learning somehow to use what flowed within him.  Using the fire in the way he had by the river exhausted him so quickly.  He had to learn how to be smarter and more canny than that.    He had never used it in earnest, never learned how to control it.

He needed to now…..and quickly.

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

He sat up and opened his palm, willing a small flame to appear, nothing at first, then a large flame shooting upwards and startling the wolf beside him.  He snapped his palm shut and bit his lip.

”Shades of the Underworlde…I need to do better than that.” He said crossly.

He opened his palm again and closed his eyes, taking deep breaths.

”Small flames….please small….” He whispered.

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

He couldn’t, he was just too tired.

He huddled down, his head resting against Hawkeye’s grey fur.  It felt warm and comforting.

Very soon he was fast asleep.

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

Hawkeye woke a few hours later to find the boy huddled in against him.  He moved and stood up shaking himself and yawning. The boy still slept, likely worn out by the fire he made.

The wolf sniffed the air, no sign of the Wenders or the Demon.  He knew the Demon wanted to kill him, well the feeling went both ways. Inarion had been a good person, innocent, suffering the pain of family loss, all because of the Demon.

Where was the stupid bird??

Only one place he might go, where he himself would if alone, he had no choice but to take the boy, check the bird was good…find a quiet stretch of River and call out to see if Deradith was well.

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

A New Wrinkle

There was an odd scent in the air, and and even odder sound. A voice, with a hint of an undefinable accent, spoke from the nearby thicket.

”Looks like your boy has tired himself out. He’s made a real mess of the Flows.”

Though the voice was clear, the speaker was unseen.

To the Wolf, there was a faint scent of… beeswax in the air.

Duilliath Suilleach Seanake, Fool and the Traveler Who Lost a Kingdom

Talan liked
ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

Hawkeye sniffed and looked about for the speaker.

Nothing.

Odd.

He turned and pulled Talan’s tunic with his teeth in an attempt to wake him.

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

From the bush, the odd voice sounded again. A little flame 🔥 appeared, above a small spike-haired head. Bluish skin decorated its wrinkled forehead.  A crown of orange spikes emerged under the tufts of hair that seemed to have been stiffened with lime.

It grinned an abnormally wide grin and floated up from the bushes.

”Have to be careful. The Hunters know when the Flows have been tampered with. There’s a good lupus comonalis, all will be well.  What’s your name?”

The oddest sentient the old wolf had ever seen rose and floated forward on a weirdly overstuffed cushion.

Talan and Lassroyale liked
ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

Hawkeye watched the little figure with his head tilted in curiosity.  He gave a series of short barks and yips which amounted to the following.

“I am Hawkeye and you are?”

The old wolf backed up closer, protectively to the boy, who still slept which might be a good thing, they didn’t need more of the Rosewood on fire.  He had never seen this creature’s ilk in all of his time on the Worlde.  He did not sense ill intention but one could never be too careful. 

Duilliath liked
ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

The little fellow was not much taller than a gnome, but he gestured to the wolf as he listened to it name itself.

“Hawkeye? Someone named you with irony. I suppose you weren’t born with one eye.”

He floated up. “I am Grell Wildstar, Sorcerer King of the Cobaldts,” he floated on his cushion serenely.

”You friend is careless, jetting off gouts of flame 🔥 attracts all the wrong kinds of attention.”

Talan liked
ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

The wolf gave a short yap.

”I know….but he is a fire magicker…untrained…it is all he can do.”

The wolf tipped his head down at the creature, an acknowledgement to its title, it paid to be polite in the Rosewood.

He felt Talan shift slightly behind him.

”Fire has worn the boy out.” He rumbled.

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

Grell, Self-Styled Sorcerer King of the Cobaldts

He floated closer. Whatever else he was largely oblivious to any objections the Wolf might have raised.

”Well, that looks to be true.”  He wiped his hands together. “You know he can’t stay here, the goblins and the pig-folk roam here.  The goblins have holes all around the Forest - living like little mites in the roots - but the pig-faces… those come from The Dares near Haven… and the Dark Tower.”

”Pig-faces… Eat your friend right up. They would sit smacking their lips after gobbling him up in some horrid stew or make a roast of him, basting him with their fell and spicy sauces… “ he waxed on, “…soup of his bones, ear fritters… fried skins…“ he went on in horrible detail.  

“The last anyone would hear of your friend? Maybe a belch. Or something like that.”

“You want my advice?” The Wolf was silently listening.

“Well… I wouldn’t stay here.” The cushion and its odd passenger rose a little.  

“Needs a proper house, one without roasting humans and pig-faces eating you up.”

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

Hawkeye gave a low exasperated growl

”Where am I going to find a House for the cub?”

He paced away from Talan and looked levelly at the strange man on the floating cushion.

”I do not know of any Houses here, I cannot watch him all of the time, nor can Deradith, if she still lives!”

ReplyQuote
Duilliath
(@duilliath)
Citizen Noble

Grell

”There are places. You could go to The Signal Tree, but he could not fit in any of the holes there.”

”Larger hole will do.  Near. Not too near. Small, not too small. Not a house, a den. I think it would do.”

“Can’t leave him to wander around.”

ReplyQuote
Talan
(@talan)
Citizen Citizen
Journey starter  

Hawkeye shook himself and contemplated what the small floating man said.

He had several dens dotted round, one might be larger enough.

”I will take him to my winter den, it should fit him in.”

He tilted his head and looked at the man.

”He cannot stay in a den, he is Human, he needs to learn the magic way.”

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share: